Retail Store Manager/Assistant Buyer
Retail Store Manager/Assistant Buyer
Jake and Jones, Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Jake and Jones is hiring a full time Store Manager and Assistant Buyer to maintain and oversee all retail operations and assist the owner in buying. This position works directly with the owner in all areas of the business. Jake & Jones is a boutique in downtown Santa Barbara, carrying an assortment of emerging designers, with a bend towards sustainability and local, modern women’s, kids and home goods. We are a small team of highly dedicated and hard workers and looking for a management level, committed employee to join our team.
This is a full-time, salaried position with the option for health benefits.
- High School or equivalent
- Supervising Experience: 3 plus years
- Customer Service Experience: 3 plus years
- Buying Experience: 2 plus years
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for answering all customer service emails and have excellent communications skills responding to all customer needs in a professional and timely manner.
- Responsible and caring for all in-store customers and responding swiftly and professionally. Interested in building and maintaining professional relationships with customers and community members.
- Personable and friendly. Able to give constructive feedback to a team and adapt quickly.
- Responsible for creating and managing the store schedule, employees time off requests, sales goals and ensuring the schedule is running smoothly.
- Responsible for being the point person for the retail store for all management needs of the store including making sure the store is clean, organized, stocked and running smoothly.
- Work directly with the inventory manager on receiving inventory, tagging, steaming and merchandising the floor.
- Help with online shipping and e-commerce fulfillment.
- Handle cash, deposit cash, checks.
- Recruiting, interviewing, hiring/firing and training the staff of sales associates.
- Provide ongoing brand education to the staff of sales associates.
- Evaluating staff based on performance-based metrics
- Setting criteria for staff, such as sales performance, EOD notes, managing customer approval or complaints
- Giving staff financial goals and sales targets to meet.
We are looking for a person who has exceptional taste and is up to date and excited about fashion and style. This person must fit the aesthetic of the store and be confident to add to the direction of the store.
- Bring to the table new ideas and brand recommendations by researching new brands.
- Run sales reports and help budget and forecast for the stores buying.
- Opportunity to travel for buying appointments.
This person will at times be responsible for social media stories, engaging on Instagram, sending product images to customers, making sales through Instagram and social media. This person will work directly with the Director of E-commerce.
- Excellent writing and communication skills sending emails, in person, over the phone and on social media.
- Shopify POS, Instagram, Facebook
- Excellent organization skills
- Google Drive, Google Docs/Sheets
- Meticulous to detail, highly organized, self-starter and a good team player.
- Strong sales leader, highly comfortable and outgoing with customers.
This is a full time, exempt position with a competitive salary. No college degree is required, but we do ask for highly motivated, hard working people to apply who have a love and passion for fashion, small businesses, sustainability and positive energy. We are looking to grow the store and this person will be integral to growth and the next chapter.
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift, during store hours 9AM - 6PM Tuesday to Saturday.
Limited capacity in store and all customers are required to wear a mask. We follow all COVID-19 precautions per our county requirements.
If you are interested, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com