Director of E-Commerce:
Jake & Jones is hiring a Director of E-Commerce. This position will be responsible for the creative direction, management and functionality of the website. Jake & Jones is a modern, emerging store that is growing its E-commerce business and web presence and looking for an individual who is eager to further develop and scale our web business. We are looking for someone who has a background in design and who is highly organized and versed in Shopify, Illustrator, Photoshop and can work collaboratively in a fast paced and fun environment. This person must know SEO management, be able to drive and grow the website’s sales and overall web aesthetic and brand.
E-Commerce and Website:
- Daily e-commerce operations: editing and uploading products to the site, writing product descriptions, SEO management, marking down products at the correct time, creating collections and content.
- Work directly with the owner on all product launches, overall artistic direction, journal content.
- Work directly with the website developer to enhance and update the site and better the user experience, keep the site fresh, modern and inspiring.
- Work directly with the social media marketing team on all social media and marketing ads.
- Driving sales to the website
- Klaviyo and all email marketing, shopify apps relating to the website.
- Must be a strong writer: contribute to weekly newsletters, write product description. Must have a love for our aesthetic and want to write about it.
- Responsible for creating seasonal launch look books and content for each season.
- Respond swiftly and amicably to all customer service issues from the website.
- Delegate fulfillment and shipping and work closely with the fulfillment team to ensure all orders are sent in a timely manner.
- Responsible for daily, weekly, monthly and yearly social media content, strategy and calendar, posting, stories, engagement and implementation across Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
- Work collaboratively with all members of the team on all social media strategies to keep fluidity between ecommerce and in store content.
- Must respond swiftly and amicably to all social media inquiries and messages.
- Work directly with the owner to create social media strategies such as influencers, giveaways, IG takeovers, collaborations, product launches, events, seasonal material...etc.
- Responsible for being the store’s aesthetic on social media. Must understand and grow the vision of the store’s story, aesthetic and brand
- Must be proficient in Shopify, Canva and other software including Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator and other software such as creating GIFs and other digital media to be used for the website and social media.
- Good working knowledge of SEO management and writing, analyzing web traffic and being able to report on website performance.
- Strong voice and aesthetic that aligns with the brand for social media.
- Must have experience in website design and management. Samples of work must be submitted.
- Must have an interest in fashion and design. Must have an excellent eye for color and be able to contribute to the growth of the store’s aesthetic and brand story.
- Must have a can do attitude and be willing to take on tasks outside your job description from time to time.
- Must be a team player and willing to work collaboratively.
- Jake & Jones offers a competitive salary depending on experience with options for bonuses and commission
- Health Insurance, PTO, Paid Vacation Days, Four Company Holidays
- We offer great discounts on all store merchandise
- This position is in-person preferred though we will consider applications from people within a 2-hour radius of Santa Barbara, CA who are willing to commute for monthly (approx.) in-person meetings.
If interested, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and submit samples of your website work, IG work and any other online creative work you have done.